Sunday, October 25, 2009

Tofu Scramble


This morning I decided to make tofu scramble. This is a vegan standard. Every cookbook author has a version. I usually just make my own mediterranean-style version. However, this time I decided to use Isa Chandra Moskowitz' recipe. I replaced the mushrooms and carrots with zucchini and tomato, because that's how I roll today.

It make 4 serves. No-one else wanted any, so I will have delicious leftovers for work lunches. Tofu scramble is usually great reheated or in sandwiches.

I liked it. I used the Healtheries Brand Nutritional yeast. I should have used another brand, as the Healtheries is a bit strong for this recipe. However, I happily ate the scramble and will enjoy the leftovers.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. My favourite scramble is the one at Alibi Room - droool.

    I have to admit, I'm a bad vegan who's never made tofu scramble! I didn't eat eggs when I ate meat, so it's not something that I crave... :)

    It's a protein powerhouse!

    ReplyDelete