Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Quick Lower Fat Garlic Bread



Who doesn't love garlic bread? Buttery, garlicky, savoury carbs. Mmmmhhh (Homer Simpson drool).

As a vegan, there are very few options for pre-packaged garlic bread. I also think that most contain a bit too much fat (including trans fat) to be a good food choice. So, I make my own all the time.

Basically, I split a roll, spread it with Nuttelex and crushed garlic and sprinkle it with herbs. I then pop it under the grill until it is lightly browned.

Everyone in the family loves it. Omnivores love it. It is a universal favourite. It's great as a side dish with pasta, salad or BBQ food.

3 comments:

  1. I *love* garlic bread. We've taken recently to using pre-roasted garlic, and because of the way it spreads you need even less nuttelex. It's so good, especially mixed with a bit of nut yeast before toasting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All meals are rich in vitamin a garlic flavor and adds a natural antibiotic and he is good in my swine flu

    ReplyDelete