Ah, pasta, the perennial favourite. Easy to serve omnis, a favourite with children, how many meals has it saved?
Here is a quick spaghetti bolognaise that I made the a few nights ago.
Serves 8 - 10 (halve for 4)
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
2 small onions
4 cloves garlic
2 tins of Sanitarium Casserole Mince (or 3 cups reconstituted TVP)
1 grated zucchini
1 400g tin diced tomatoes
200 g tomato paste
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 generous tablespoons fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste
500g spaghetti (or pasta of your choice)
- In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the olive oil.
- Add onion and fry gently until translucent.
- Add garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan.
- Bring to boil. Reduce to simmer. Simmer 20 - 30 minutes.
- Prepare 500 g spaghetti according to packet directions. (We use 500 g for 5 people, which lets the boys have seconds. I suggest 60g each for small serves, up to 125 g each for large serves of pasta.)
- Once the pasta is ready, place desired amount of pasta on plate or in bowl. Add 1 large ladle of bolognaise sauce to each serve. Enjoy!