I like crumbed things. You will have seen from my earlier posts that I have crumbed a cauliflower gratin and mushrooms. Here is my recipe for crumbed mushrooms.
Serves 4 as a side dish
12 - 16 small - medium mushrooms
1 egg worth of egg replacer
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup crumbs (Pictured are cornflake crumbs, which is why they are so gold, but panko or normal bread crumbs are good)
1-2 teaspoons nutritional yeast (more if you are a fan)
1/4 teaspoon each crushed dried rosemary, paprika and salt
1/2 teaspoon each dried thyme and dried sage
Cooking spray or olive oil to drizzle
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Clean the mushrooms.
- Mix the egg replacer, milk and olive oil together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, other than the final oil.
- Using a wet hand/dry hand method,* dip the mushrooms in the egg replacer mix and then toss until well coated in the crumbs.
- Put slightly spaced on a oiled or parchment paper covered baking tray.
- Spray with cooking spray or drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until browned.
* Wet hand/dry hand means that you use one hand to put the item in the wet ingredients. Using the wet hand, you take the item out of the wet mix and drop it into the crumb mix. Using your dry hand, you toss the item in the crumbs. This is easier if you use the dry hand to cover it in crumbs before touching it. You then lift the item out with the dry and and put it in your cooking implement.