Here's another salad from last week. On the plate are Changs Noodle salad, simple pasta salad, skillet asparagus salad and Vegetation's White Bean Cutlets.
The pasta salad is a favourite of Z's. It is simple cooked cooled pasta, bottled salad dressing and olives.
Skillet Asparagus Salad
1 tablespoon olive oil
1-2 bunches of asparagus (I used 1, but it had around 12 thin stalks)
10 grape tomatos, halved
1/2 zucchini cut into 2 cm dice
2 tablespoons pine nuts
12 pitted kalamata olives
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Snap woody section from bottom of asparagus. Wash the stalks.
- Heat olive oil. Add remaining ingredients, except balsamic vinegar.
- Heat for 3-5 minutes until tomato collapses slights and pine nuts brown slightly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Cluster asparagus on a plate. Pile remaining mixture accross the asparagus.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.