Why yes, I am a complete food nerd and probably need to get out more. Why do you ask?
I woke up happy and hungry. I wrote down my subconscious' dressing recipe and resolved to make the dream salad for dinner tonight. I did and lo, it was good. So here it is:
Makes 4 servings as a side salad. Double or quadruple for larger groups.
Butter lettuce (around 8 large leaves)
1/2 avocado, in 1-2 cm dice
Tomato, sliced in wedges
3 cm cucumber, sliced
2 radishes, sliced
1 large mushroom, sliced
(Makes 1 cup, enough for several salads, halve or quarter for smaller serves)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup good fruity extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
4 good pinches salt
2 pinches black pepper
enough white wine vinegar to make up to 1 cup
- Put the all but the last dressing ingredient in a 1 cup (or more) measuring cup.
- Add white wine wine vinegar until there is 1 cup of dressing.
- Whisk dressing until oil is emulsified.
- Put all salad ingredients in a salad bowl.
- Add enough dressing to salad to coat (about 1/4 cup for the amount of vegetables above).
- Toss until well coated.
Now I'm off to bed. I may even dream the secret coke recipe...