My dumplings from yesterday's post also make good potstickers. I had not encountered potstickers before I started reading American blogs. Some chinese restaurants have fried dumplings, but potstickers are a rare product here.
Makes 15 potstickers
15 dumplings (see recipe in previous post)
1 tablespoon neutral oil (vegetable, canola or rice bran oil is good)
1/2 cup vegan stock (I used Massel Chicken Style stock)
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon say sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
- Heat oil in non-stick or cast iron pan on medium heat.
- Add dumplings to pan. Reduce heat a little. Fry on one side until that side is browned and crisp.
- Mix remaining ingredients. Add to pan with the dumplings.
- Bring gentle to boil.
- Reduce to a fairly fast simmer.
- Simmer until broth is absorbed (about 10 minutes).