Makes approx 30 dumplings
Take these ingredients:
200 g Vegan roast pork (Seitan, tofu or TVP mince would also be good)
2 Spring/green onions
1/4 small wombok (chinese cabbage)
dash each powdered ginger and black pepper
Dash soy sauce
Vegan wonton wrappers
- Dice all vegetables and roast pork into a small dice.
- Fry gently.
- Once the vegetables have softened and liquid has been absorbed, remove from hear and allow to cool a little.
- Place a small spoonful of mixture onto each vegan wonton wrapper. Fold and seal with a touch of water. I got lazy and simply folded them, but you could crimp them into a ruffled shape or an upright wonton, if you prefer. Place aside on a tray in a single layer:
5. You may now cook the dumplings or freeze them. The dumplings may be used in
wonton soup, fried, deep fried, steamed or used for pot stickers.
3-5 dumplings per person
Vegan stock (vegetable or chick'n style are good) (this is a liquid soup, so you will need 1-2 litres for 4-8 people)
pinch dried ginger
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame
Asian style vegetables, including bock choy, sliced mushroom, and carrot (optional)
- Put all ingredients but dumplings and green leafy vegetables in a large pot. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Add wontons. Return to boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for approximately 5 minutes, or until dumplings are translucent and cooked.
- Add green bok choy leaves to wilt.