Monday, July 6, 2009

Cabbage Rolls


Prompted by a post from Tropical Vegan, I decided to try the cabbage rolls from La Dolce Vegan by Sarah Kramer. I replaced the burghul in the original recipe with rice, as I had a lot of rice in my pantry.

They were pretty good. I made a big double batch, so we will be eating them again. However, the children were not particularly fond of them. I think that the cabbage was a bit much for them, though I liked it. Only M likes cabbage and she did not like the idea of the sauce and filling. She likes her cabbage sauted only.

I particularly liked the filing mix and will make it again to stuff other things or as a side dish on its own.

I am heading to Sydney for a few days for work. I hope to blog some of the great restaurants there. I'll be back to Brisbane and the blog at the end of the week.

1 comment:

  1. Well they look good, even if the kiddies didn't love them. Have fun in Sydney, I can't wait to hear about the good vegan eats there since I'm heading down for a conference in December.

    ReplyDelete