Monday, June 15, 2009

Some notes on labels

I know that people often ask what to feed children or omnivores. Many people also want to make something quick and easy.

I regularly feed omnivores. Though I sometimes attend vegan and vegetarian events, most of my friends and family are omnis. My wonderful husband, Mr Brisvegan, is an omni, who is quite happy to give feedback on food. Though he eats vegan and vegetarian most of the time, he still occasionally eats flesh and regularly eats dairy. He lets me know how vegan substitutes compare to omni foods. My occasionally omni children also give comments on food. I also feed other omnis who rarely eat vegan.

Where I've had feedback on food from omni sources, I'll label the post "feeding omnis." I'll let you know whether they liked or hated the food.

I've often been asked what vegan food I feed my children. As I've mentioned, I have 3 children, who are 13, 9 and 6. I also feed various friends and family of all ages. If the children enjoy a meal, I'll label the post "child friendly."

Finally, I finish work after 5.00pm most days. I get home after 6.00 pm. I am the main cook in my family, because I enjoy it and Mr Brisvegan doesn't. The children want dinner before it's too late. So, I regularly need to get dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less. For all the busy people who will be cooking in a hurry, you'll find those meals labeled "quick and easy."

Hope these are useful for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment