We had Lamyong vegan roast "pork" in plum sauce, with simple stir-fried vegies and plain steamed rice. The vegies were simply carrot, broccoli and onion quickly stir fried with some sesame oil and a splash of soy sauce.
Sizzling "Pork" in plum sauce
Small amount of neutral cooking oil, eg rice bran oil
Lamyong vegan BBQ "pork"
2 cm fresh ginger minced or very finely sliced
1 small onion
Commercial plum sauce 175 ml
1/2 capsicum (green would be better, but I only had red)
1 small capsicum
pepper to taste (optional)
- Slice pork and vegetables into bite sized slices.
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan. Use a standard skillet, if you don't have a cast iron pan.
- Put oil into pan and fry on medium high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add "pork" and ginger. Fry for a few minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add sauce. Fry for 1 minute.
- Taste and add optional pepper if you like a little heat.
- Serve sizzling in the pan.