Friday, December 4, 2009

Protein and 4 vege with gravy


This was a simple dinner from a few weeks ago. It's a very anglo-style protein and vege meal. As you can see, we had asparagus, corn, peas and mashed potato. The protein can from a "Black pepper steak" cutlet from White Jade Garden vegetarian supermarket at Inala. The gravy is Gravox Supreme Grave, which I have been told is vegan.

The mashed potatoes were simply mashed with Nuttelex, soy milk, salt, pepper and a dash of onion powder.

It was very satisfying and simple. The kids like the "steaks". Various family members like different vegetables, but everyone ate at least some greens and corn.

3 comments:

  1. Looks good. I had no idea about the Vegetarian Supermarket at Inala. Will have to check it out next time I am home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check out that place next time I drive through there to visit my friend at Forest Lake to see if it has some new things I cannot get at my Sunnybank asian stores.

    I am loving all this asian food you are showing over the last few posts - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely compliments.

    White Jade Garden Vegetarian Supermarket is very good for asian stunt meats, though it does not have an enormous amount more than the best Sunnybank options. It does seem to have more of the Lamyong options than some others I have visited. It also has some fresh tofu and a range of vegetarian asian pantry items. I also got a bag of vital wheat gluten for $4.50.

    The nice part about it is that I know that everything is at least vegetarian, though you have to check for egg and milk products. It's worth a visit if you are in the area. It is very close to Forest Lake (which is where I am). If you go at lunch time, go two doors down and give Aimee Angel Bubble teas a look over. They are a vegetarian cafe.

    ReplyDelete