Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Curry and Lentils


Last night we had curry, tamarind lentils and sambals. My camera is still dead, but fortunately we had the same thing a couple of weeks ago and I took a photo. I know it was the same, because I froze half of the lentils and curry. We microwaved the left overs last night. Obviously, they freeze well.

The lentils are the tamarind lentils from Veganomnicon. I love them, but then I am a big lentil fan. The rest of the family are not so keen.

The curry was some store bought curry paste (can't remember which one) with coconut milk and a mix of veges. I fried some onion, added the curry paste and fried it for a few minutes and then added the rest of the vegetables and coconut milk. It was served with rice, lime pickles, chutney, Sri Lankan coconut sambal (from a jar) and microwaved papadums.

Everyone over 10 loved it. The smaller two had rice, spring rolls, papadums and steamed vegetables, because they are chilli averse.

Now I am going to have the last bit of the lentils and rice for lunch. Mmmmhh, lentils...

5 comments:

  1. Those curries look great, though spring rolls sound pretty good to me right now, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nom nom! I had spring rolls with dinner myself.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really good. I love lentils but don't cook with them nearly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of lentils, too! A quick dahl on the nights when you can't be bothered to cook is the best! I love Isa's 'Snobby Joes' on her PPK website, at the moment -with only a hint of chilli (my kids don't do well with chilli!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tamarind lentils are delicious! I love that recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete