I made a big bowl of salad Last Friday and have been eating it ever since. It was great.
Spicy Chopped Salad
Serves 8 as a side salad (or it can be 4 lunches!)
- 1 tin 3 bean mix, drained
- 1 tin corn kernels, drained
- 1 apple chopped
- 4 spring onions chopped
- 1 apple diced
- 1 small carrot peeled and finely diced
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 12 pitted olives halved
- 3 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 8-16 lettuce leaves to serve (or may be diced and added to salad for immediate use)
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Additional ground chilli or harissa paste to taste (I added a tablespoon of harissa, but this might be too much to serve to non-chilli lovers.)
- Salt and pepper to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon each for me)
- Combine all salad ingredients, other than the lettuce leaves, if you wish to serve them whole on a plate.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and whisk or shake to combine.
- Stir dressing well through salad.
- You can serve this immediately, but it is good if allowed to sit in the fridge for a few hours at lease.
- Serve with lettuce.