I was shopping the other day and decided to grab a few things for lunch. I made these noodles, which really hit the spot. I used the vegan oyster sauce which is available from the Cruelty Free Shop.
Lunch Noodles with Vegan Oyster Sauce
2 tablespoons neutral cooking oil (I used rice bran oil)
300 g tofu diced into 1-2 cm squares
1 cm knob ginger
2 chopped spring onions, sliced into 4 cm lengths
1 packet Heinz frozen steamed vegetables for one (cauliflower, broccoli and carrot)
200g ready to use udon noodles
3 tablespoons vegan oyster sauce
3 tablespoons water
- Fry the tofu squares in 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet or wok.
- Once the tofu is lightly browned, add the remaining oil, ginger and onions. Cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Refresh the noodles in boiling water, while waiting for the ginger to cook.
- Add the frozen vegetables to the pan and stir fry until hot.
- Drain the noodles. Add the noodles, sauce and water.
- Serve hot.